Hello friends! Being that I am a mom, and I am running around after a delectable almost 2-year old all day, I try my hardest to find dinner recipes that are EASY yet HEALTHY.
I wanted to share what I cooked for dinner tonight. We shall call it "One Dish Chicken Goodness". This is perfect for nights that you don't have a lot of time for prep and you want something easy and healthy. Just give yourself enough time to bake this in the oven for about an hour.
This is from a recipe that I have had in my recipe box for years now. I have tweaked it and added to it to make my own version. The original recipe called for an envelope of onion soup mix... and for some reason, the thought of making something with prepackaged onion soup mix (which is chock full of MSG) just sent chills through my spine today. So I looked online for homemade recipes of onion soup mix and came across THIS ONE from Heavenly Homemakers. I forgot to buy turmeric at the store, so my recipe lacked turmeric, and I used white sugar instead of sucanat, because that is what I had on hand.
One Dish Chicken Goodness
Ingredients for 2-3 servings:
- 3/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 or 5 carrots, peeled and cut into "sticks" - you could also use a handful of baby carrots to make it easier. We just always buy carrots in bulk to save the moulah.
- 5 whole white mushrooms, halved
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons homemade onion soup mix or 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine. I used a sweet white wine, but really, whatever you have on hand is fine.
Now that you have all your ingredients on hand, are you ready for the SIMPLE instructions?
- Dice uncooked chicken in small cubes.
- In a 9x13 combine all ingredients until blended well.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
And VOILA! You have a simple, yummy, healthy meal for you and your family. Let me know if you try it and how it comes out!